Canterbury College Jobs, Further Education Vacancies
This is our Canterbury College jobs feature. We provide information and advice for people looking for local employment opportunities in education. This link for more employers from Canterbury, other public and private sector employers published on our Kent job page. The College has received £150m development of the campus in the last ten years. It now rates as one of the largest higher and further education colleges in the region.
Education Careers In Canterbury
Canterbury has become something of a honey pot for educational jobs over the last half century. Always an important centre of learning since the establishment of the Augustinian Abbey, the city seems to have universities and colleges at every turn. There are also a number of important private educational establishments and several well respected language schools. The net result of all this education is that nearly one quarter of the local adult population is currently in further or higher education. Employment in this sector is a very important part of the local economy.
About Canterbury College
Canterbury College first started welcoming students in 1947. In has always acted as a regional educational provider attracting students from across East Kent. The mission statement of the college is “to be the best at teaching & learning”, it places the success of its student very high up on the agenda. The physical campus has undergone an exciting transformation in recent years. Since 1996 Canterbury College has had Swale Campus as a satellite college. The vocational and recreational facilities on the main site reflects the educational and social opportunities offered by the College and they include: Commercial Hair & Beauty Salons, Motor Vehicle Workshops, Performing Arts Theatre, Radio & TV Studios, Science Labs, Children’s Centre, Dance Studios, Floristry Shop & Food Hall.
- Established in 1947, Canterbury College is one of the largest Further and Higher Education Colleges in the South East. It has over 10,000 students who study a wide variety of courses, ranging from GCSEs and vocational programmes to apprenticeships and degrees.
- In the last ten years, £150 million has been spent on transforming the Canterbury campus into a purpose-built state-of-the-art learning environment, employing 1,000 people and awarded Investors in People accreditation for the past 19 consecutive years.
Working For Canterbury College
The college currently has around 10,000 students enrolled in about 300 courses, there are about 1,000 staff in post at the time of writing. This makes the College a leading employer both in the City and across East Kent. Vacancies are regularly published on the ‘current vacancy’ page of the website. The College doesn’t generally welcome speculative CVs, all applicants are expected to complete the relevant application form. Informal applications can be made on a form and submitted to the HR department. The HR team have a 24 hour answerphone (01227 811282) and the recruitment email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. In common with many employers the College is driving applicants to a structured recruitment process.
The College has a fairly central position, set on the New Dover Road, a short distance from the St George roundabout and the city centre. The main bus station and Canterbury East railway station are in walking distance. Benefits for employees include a pension and life insurance scheme, excellent holiday entitlement and a staff discount scheme, there is a sports hall and gym on site.
Canterbury College Jobs
The vacancy page on the College website is regularly updated. You can find up to 20 job advertisements at one time. It’s well worth repeating that applicants should follow the the ‘how to apply’ instructions, it’s usually not enough to simply send in your CV. Vacancies at the time of our last visit included:
- Lecturer Health and Social Care – Sheppey College – Salary starting at £19,696.48 per annum.
- Lecturer Uniformed Public Services – Sheppey College – Salary starting at £17,585.77 per annum.
- Nursery Practitioner – Canterbury – Salary starting at £16,939 per annum.
- Assessor Catering and Hospitality – Canterbury – Remuneration Negotiable.
- Lecturer in Electrical Installations – Canterbury – Salary starting at £26,026 per annum.
- Lecturer Music and Technology – Canterbury- £26,026 per annum.
- Programme Leader Building Services – Canterbury – £35,828 per annum.
- Supply Travel and Tourism Lecturer – Canterbury – Salary starting at £26,026 pro rata.
- Lecturer Fabrication and Welding – Canterbury – £25,123 – £30,721 per annum.
- Assessor Bricklaying – Canterbury – £15,266 pro rata, per annum.
- Caretaker – Sheppey College – Starting at £16,939 per annum.
- Lecturer Health and Social Care – Canterbury – Grade £25,123 – £30,721 per annum.
- Trainer Demonstrator Supported Learning – Canterbury -Salary starting from £7,628.71 (18.5 hours per week).
- Lecturer in Uniformed Public Services – Canterbury – £19,696.48 per annum.
- Students’ Union President -Location Across the locations of the Partnership – £16,302 per annum.
- Lecturer Stage Management and Production – Canterbury – Salary £13,013 – £15,360.50 per annum.
Location & Contacts
Most students and staff are employed at the Canterbury Campus but there is a satellite Swale Campus on the nearby island of Sheppey.
- New Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3AJ
- 01227 811111
Canterbury College Jobs – Feedback & Disclaimer
If you have feedback about working for Canterbury College or their recruitment process you can let us know. This content is regularly reviewed checked but if you find that any information in need of alteration please get in touch. We take care over our content but we’re happy to correct any factual errors. Please see our disclaimer.