Ashford Council Jobs, Local Government Vacancies In Kent
This is the Yourcounty Ashford Council Jobs page. We welcome your feedback about the council as an employer, so please get in touch if you have recent experience of working for the council or their recruitment processes. Our contact details are at the bottom of the page. Ashford has a fast-growing population which has more than trebled in the last 40 years to over 112,000 residents. This dynamic growth pattern is set to continue. Designated by the Government as a ‘growth area’, a £2.5 billion investment programme is underway. It will provide 31,000 new homes and 28,000 jobs by 2031. The quality of life of the borough has been rated by MORI as among the best in Kent whilst the council tax is the lowest.
Although well known as an expanding urban area, much of the borough is made up of protected countryside including; the Romney Marsh, the North Downs and the High Weald, all of which make an important in contributing to Ashford’s £180 million tourism industry. This link for local Ashford jobs.
Work Placement Opportunities in Local Government
Ashford Borough Council do offer 8 to 12 week work experience placements to local graduates. Please check the website for current information www.ashford.gov.uk.
Jobs With Ashford Borough Council
At the time of writing (June 2017) published Ashford Council jobs included:
- Head of Planning, £60,000 – £67,000.
- Head of Legal and Democracy, £60,000 – £67,000.
- Corporate Director (Finance & Economy), £80,000 – £88,000.
- Head of Corporate Policy, Economic Development & Communications, £60,000 – £67,000.
- Permanent Graduate Trainee Planner Posts.
- Grounds Maintenance Operative, £16,059 to £17,412
- Business Support Officer. up to £20,265 pa pro rata
- Customer Services Apprentice, £252.00 per week 18 – 20 years – £201.25 per week Under 18 years – £147.00 per week
- Customer Services Advisor, up to £20,265 pa pro rata.
Ashford Borough Council’s current management structure has been in place since the end of 2010. It now works within the following service areas, any vacancies will reflect the new shape of the organisation.
- Chief Executive
- Deputy Chief Executive
- Business Change and Technology
- Cultural and Project Services
- Customers Homes and Property
- Environmental Services
- Financial Services
- Legal and Democratic Services
- Personnel and Development
- Planning and Development
- Strategy, Partnerships & Communications
About The Borough Council
Ashford Borough Council has over 500 full-time and part-time employees. Staff enjoy a great employment package including: including flexible working and inclusion in local government pension scheme, a basic annual leave entitlement of 20 days (pro rata for part-time posts), plus 2 extra statutory days. Ashford Borough Council is an ‘Investor in People’ so all staff have access to training and development opportunities.
Ashford Borough Council provide work experience opportunities in a wide range of work areas for students in year 10 or above, or others who live or study in borough of Ashford. The majority of placements take place between April to July.
Student jobs and internships at Ashford Borough Council are published at the Student Job website.
Current job vacancies are advertised in the local press and the SEE website. Visit the council website or call the council on 01233 331111.
Ashford Council Jobs – Feedback & Disclaimer
The content on the Ashford Borough Council page is regularly checked but if you find that any links are broken or content out of date let us know.Please see our disclaimer.