Barclays Graduate Recruitment
A major global financial institution that aims to provide products and services that help clients achieve their goals. Information about graduate recruitment further down this page. Follow this link for more jobs and recruitment in Kent. As well as banking services, they offer wealth management, asset management and a highly regarded investment banking services. Barclays’ long term goal is to create growth by developing their business into areas that are developing rapidly. As such Barclays has a strong commitment to banking graduate recruitment and post graduates.
Active in more than 40 countries and employing something in the order of one hundred and twenty thousand people, they have a customer base totalling 42 million customers worldwide. Barclays manage their entire business through nine Business Units, grouped into two Clusters: Global Retail and Commercial Banking (GRCB), and Investment Banking and Investment Management (IBIM). These businesses are supported by several key Group functions including Finance, Risk, Legal and Compliance.
Banking Graduate Recruitment
Recruitment is undertaken on a rolling basis published vacancies on their website when we last checked included.
- Banking Analyst – Frankfurt, Tel Aviv.
- Barclaycard Analyst – London, Midlands.
- Business Banking Analyst – London + varied.
- Compliance Analyst – London.
- Consumer Banking Analyst – London.
- Corporate Banking Analyst – London.
- Financial Analyst – London.
- Marketing Analyst – London.
- Research Analyst – London.
- Sales Analyst – Frankfurt, Zurich.
Barclays Graduates Rewards & Benefits
An organisation that employs nearly 120,000 people obviously has a flexible and dynamic pay and incentive structure. However in order to attract graduates with high potential they have to offer rewards to match. See the website for details for current packages but on our last visit published benefits included:
- Competitive salary – ‘Competitive’ is a little like asking about how long is a piece of string. The starting base salary should be at least as good as graduates could expect from similar organisations.
- Joining bonus – The banking equivalents of a signing on fee
- Results based performance-related bonus
- Individual allowances for personal training
- Private healthcare
- Share option and pension schemes
- 5 weeks annual leave entitlement
What They Look For In Graduates
Every graduate recruitment schemes aims to get the best possible calibre of applicant and Barclays is no different. Amongst the qualities, qualifications and skills that they discuss on their website are:
- A good degree – well its a graduate recruitment scheme after all, a 2.1 or high is where the bar is set.
- The natural or acquired ability to inspire others and to lead from the front.
- Modern leadership is dependent on networks and communication skills, you should be able to build the relationships necessary to be successful.
- It’s likely that successful applicants will have a strong customer focus the commitment and drive to succeed.
- You are or should have the potential for early adoption and an ability to see the big picture?
- Do you share the philosophy of your potential employer and are you able to integrate their values into your activity?
Banking Graduate Recruitment
If you have first hand experience of graduate recruitment in the banking sector we’d welcome your comments. Every effort is made to ensure this content is accurate, however let us know if you spot any errors. Please see our disclaimer.